NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Area”) who are at least 13 years old and located in the Area at the time of entry. Additionally, the following people are not eligible for entry in this Sweepstakes: employees, contractors, directors and officers of VIZ Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries or promotional partners for this Sweepstakes, and any advertising, fulfillment, judging or promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, promotion and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively the “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of any employee, contractor, director or officer of one of the Sweepstakes Parties. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Starting Monday,January 12, 2017 through January 4, 2018 (the “2017 Sweepstakes Period”), a weekly sweepstakes will begin at 11:00:01 a.m. P.S.T. every Monday, and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. every Sunday. To enter, follow the link provided to you by Sponsor through newsletters and Sponsor’s Facebook page to the survey hosted by SurveyGizmo. Follow the survey instructions, which will include verifying your age, providing your email address, answering the survey questions and submitting your answers (“Entry”). In order for the entry to be valid for each week, entrants must accomplish all steps required in the instructions and submit all required information no later than 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. each Sunday.LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER WEEK, HOUSEHOLD, AND/OR E-MAIL ADDRESS REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. MULTIPLE ENTRIES DURING A WEEK DISCOVERED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Entrants can take each and every weekly survey and still qualify for the monthly giveaway. Any entrant who attempts to enter multiple times or under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion. Sweepstakes Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, undelivered, garbled, damaged or incomplete entries, for postage due mail or submissions, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Sweepstakes Parties also assume no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with transmission or receipt of online entries, including without limitation faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet or on the web site, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. All online entrants must have a valid email address. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be considered to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) and facsimiles are not allowed. Potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected in a random drawing by Sponsor of all valid entries. The drawing will take place in San Francisco, California on the second Monday of each month during the 2017 Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the sweepstakes. Becoming a winner of any prize is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. If a winning entrant is a Canadian resident, upon notification of selection, the selected entrant must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another eligible entrant, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail and will be asked to provide a mailing address for the shipment of the prize, if necessary. If any prize correspondence (including e-mail or regular mail) is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian, if winner is a minor in his/her state/province of residence) may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If no documentation is required by Sponsor, prize will be shipped (if shipment is required) within 6-8 weeks of drawing date.
4. PRIZE: For each month’s sweepstakes, Ten (10) Winners will each receive one (1) prize of a surprise product related to Weekly Shonen Jump. The estimate value of the prize is US$5.00. Total estimated retail value of all prizes to be awarded during the 2015 Sweepstakes Period is approximately US$600.00. All expenses not specifically set forth herein are winner's sole responsibility. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Prize(s) will be awarded only to an address within the Area. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize. If prize is $600 or more and winner is a legal U.S. resident, winner (or winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if winner is a minor) will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the prize. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes and Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. By participating, entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors) agree to these Official Rules, and to the Sponsor's decisions with regard to these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. This sweepstakes is offered only in the Area and is governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By accepting the prize, winner (and winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if winner is a minor) agree that (a) the Sweepstakes Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or from participation in any prize-related activity or any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. All entrants understand and agree that Facebook and Twitter are not in any way connected or associated with this sweepstakes and that Facebook and Twitter do not sponsor, endorse, or administer this sweepstakes. Each entrant understands that it is not providing any information to Facebook or Twitter by entering into this sweepstakes, but is providing information to Sponsor. Each entrant hereby releases Facebook and Twitter from any and all claims related to this sweepstakes. Except if winner is a resident of TN or where prohibited by law, winner (and winner’s parent(s)/legal guardian if winner is a minor) grant (and agree to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
7. WINNER LIST: For winners’ names and city & state/province, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Weekly Shonen Jump 2017 Sweepstakes Winner's List Request, P.O. Box 77010, San Francisco, California 94107-9913. Requests regarding the monthly sweepstakes must be received by the second Friday of each month. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
SPONSOR: VIZ Media, LLC, 1355 Market Street, Suite #200, San Francisco, CA 94103.
Already have a VIZ account? Log in.
Don't have an account? Sign up.
Enter the e-mail address associated with your account and we'll email you a link to reset your password.