VIZ Media is looking for an Associate Producer to join our Animation Production team!
This position will produce and deliver media across a variety of platforms, including TV, DVD/BD, EST/DTO, and simulcast. Candidates MUST already have an established background and proven successful performance in media production in AT LEAST one of these platforms for consideration.
The Associate Producer, Animation Production is responsible for the execution of brand strategy and for the creation of schedules and assets to deliver product to market. The Associate Producer implements product creation and delivery schedules for all media elements for VIZ properties, Simulcast, Dub, EST and DVD/BD. This position works closely with the department management to oversee the complete production process and provide creative supervision to 3rd party vendors and internal creative and production partners. This position assigns tasks to Coordinators in connection with production needs.
- Creates, implements, and maintains production and solicitation schedules.
- Provides regular updates and schedules to internal departments.
- Produces English and / or International version of each assigned property. Responsible for production including dubbing for broadcast and delivery of materials essential for development of DVD, digital-related, and other video merchandise.
- Produces and delivers simulcast media for assigned properties.
- Produces and delivers DVD/BD media for assigned properties.
- Produces and delivers EST/DTO media for assigned properties.
- Creates and maintains database for VIZ Media titles, including airdates and other applicable title information.
- Administers and facilitates the creative approval process with Licensors and IP rights holders in Japan.
- Maintains archival system for design and production elements, including logos and key art.
- Works closely with designated teams to establish efficient tracking and distribution of production elements.
- Facilitates and works closely with domestic and international broadcast partners to provide production materials in compliance with their broadcast standards and delivery requirements.
In addition to these responsibilities, performs other activities as assigned
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of video / audio, broadcast, encoding, codec, or other media production practices, terminology, materials, technology, and deliverables STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Experience with post production editing software – Final Cut Pro, AVID, & Pro-tools STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Knowledge of consumer entertainment, media, anime, manga, and related merchandise STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Knowledge of Merlin or alternate project management software PREFERRED
- Knowledge of anime, manga, and related merchandise PREFERRED
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Japanese PREFERRED
- Strong creative writing skills PREFERRED
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients, providers, and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to live in/commute to the San Francisco Bay Area
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
- Equivalent of 3-5 years of experience in delivering high quality video coordination duties related to Japanese-produced animation videos, TV programs, film, comics, or other related products.
- Prior experience in coordinating and/or managing TV, DVD, postproduction, or Media production in an entertainment or advertising department STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Successful performance in the video and/or film industries STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position.
This position does not supervise others, but may give guidance to the work of interns and freelancers.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 15 pounds, kneeling, bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes. Must be able to travel occasionally as needed.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company, employees may be subjected to work-related images including content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Employees should be willing to work with this type of content. VIZ Media does not condone the viewing of this content where not work-related.
Employees must adhere to all applicable VIZ Media policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours, such as nights and weekends, on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands.
Please send your detailed cover letter, resume, AND salary requirements. Please specify “Associate Producer, Animation Production” when applying.
By e-mail (NO ATTACHMENTS!!!) to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!