Part-Time Marketing Intern
This candidate will work closely with VIZ Media Marketing teams (with a focus on Publicity & Events, Animation, Digital Publishing, and Publishing marketing), learning various aspects of our multimedia marketing business.
- Assists in production of Marketing materials and presentations (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Conducts media research for product reviews and company coverage
- Assembles and distributes press kits, press mailings, and press coverage reports
- Gains and utilizes familiarity with online forums and social networking sites
- Shares/researches ideas for attracting new readers/viewers through online initiatives & contests
- Helps spearhead manga and anime club initiatives
- Conducts competitor research and data collection
- Monitors social media and website analytics for optimum ROI
- Helps create and manage project timelines
- Assists in the creation of market research deliverables
- Coordinate meetings with existing and prospective vendors, partners and other outside parties
- Assists with media lists and database entry
- Assists with event preparation
- Scans artwork for solicitation, design, and the web
- Communicates by phone and email with internal staff
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience/Interest in media publishing, comics industry, public relations and marketing
- Must have basic computer office skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, CD burning, web browsing, etc.
- Be able to communicate in a professional manner
- General knowledge of manga/anime helpful, but extensive knowledge is not needed
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software; some experience with Photoshop preferred
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients, providers, and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to live in/commute to the San Francisco Bay Area
- This position will be compensated at a rate of $10.24/hour.
- All applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate school program. We will NOT consider candidates who are not currently enrolled in a degree program.
- This internship will be a part-time position. All applicants MUST be able to work at least 12-18 hours/workweek between the hours of 10-5 on weekdays, to a maximum of 20 hours (schedule TBD).
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, VIZ Media distributes, markets and licenses the best anime and manga titles direct from Japan. Owned by three of Japan's largest manga and animation companies, Shueisha Inc., Shogakukan Inc., and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions, Co., Ltd., VIZ Media has the most extensive library of anime and manga for English speaking audiences in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland and South Africa.
With its popular digital manga anthology WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP ALPHA magazine and blockbuster properties like NARUTO, BLEACH and INUYASHA, VIZ Media offers cutting-edge action, romance and family friendly properties for anime, manga, science fiction and fantasy fans of all ages. VIZ Media properties are available as graphic novels, DVDs, animated television series, feature films, downloadable and streaming video and a variety of consumer products. Learn more about VIZ Media, anime and manga at www.VIZ.com.
As part of a multi-media entertainment company, employees may be subjected to work-related content such as: sexually explicit images, nudity, and graphic violence. Applicants should be willing to work with this type of content. VIZ Media does not condone the viewing of this content where not work-related.
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Please specify “Marketing Intern” when applying. By e-mail (NO ATTACHMENTS!!!) to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS!!! See other opportunities at www.viz.com