Publishing & Animation Marketing Intern (Part-Time, Paid)
This candidate will work closely with VIZ Media Marketing teams (with a focus on Publishing and Animation Marketing), learning various aspects of our multimedia marketing business. This intern will assist these two marketing teams as they manage projects to build on our marketing efforts.
- Uses InDesign skills to help update historical book ads
- Uses Excel to create, maintain, and help implement the following marketing tools:
- Competitor sets database/tracker
- Creative work order tracker
- Quote/file database
- Works closely with marketing team to make video editing suggestions for social media use
- Creates and implements surveys relating to customer interests using Survey Monkey
- Assists in general content maintenance on neonalley.com
- Facilitates comp mailings to designated contacts and groups
Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- MUST have experience/Interest in media publishing, entertainment industry, and marketing
- Strong command of English grammar and spelling a MUST.
- MUST have strong proficiency with excel and InDesign
- General knowledge of manga/anime PREFERRED, but extensive knowledge is not needed
- Computer literate (Mac systems preferable). Must have basic office computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, web browsing, etc.
- Be able to communicate in a professional manner in person and via phone and email with internal staff and outside parties
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients, providers, and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to live in/commute to the San Francisco Bay Area
ALL INTERNS MUST:
- be currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate school program. We will NOT consider candidates who are not currently enrolled in a degree program. Precedence is given to applicants the final two years of undergraduate degrees or those pursuing graduate programs.
- be able to commute to our San Francisco office (94103).
- be legally available to work in the United States.
- be at least 18 years of age at the time of the start of the internship.
- be available to work at least 3 days per week between the hours of 10-5 on weekdays (schedule TBD), to a max of 24 hours.
COMPENSATION AND SCHEDULE
- This position will be compensated at a minimum rate of $12/hour, with some range based on qualifications.
- This internship will be a part-time position. All applicants MUST be able to work at least 3 days per week between the hours of 10-5 on weekdays (schedule TBD), to a max of 24 hours.
- The Spring internship schedule will run approximately 12-14 weeks, from early September through early December.
- VIZ Media interns are not eligible for standard VIZ Media benefits.
Please send us your resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples. Please specify “Publishing & Animation Marketing Intern” when applying. By e-mail (NO ATTACHMENTS!!!) email@example.com
. NO PHONE CALLS!!!
Due to the volume of applicants, we will not be taking phone calls for these internship positions.