Part-Time Editorial Intern
This candidate will assist our Editorial Department, creators of graphic novels and tradebooks. **Candidates for this internship should have previous writing/editing experience and/or interest in a writing/editing career.
- Performs proofing and copy editing
- Conducts assigned editorial research
- Opens, organizes and responds to fan mail, mail requests, VIZ information requests, etc.
- Performs data entry and copying
- Packages and mails of comps
- Provides general Editorial support including: photocopying, filing, checking printed books
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience/Interest in media publishing, comics industry, and writing.
- Strong command of English grammar and spelling REQUIRED (proofing/copy editing skills PREFERRED)
- Japanese reading/writing ability a PLUS
- General knowledge of manga/anime PREFERRED, but extensive knowledge is not needed
- Computer literate (Mac systems preferable). Must have basic computer office skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, CD burning, web browsing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of HTML a PLUS
- Basic design skills, including use of Photoshop, preferred.
- Proficiency with computer usage, including email, Internet, and standard software
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with culturally diverse clients, providers, and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to live in/commute to the San Francisco Bay Area
- This position will be compensated at a rate of $10.55/hour.
- All applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate school program. We will NOT consider candidates who are not currently enrolled in a degree program.
- This internship will be a part-time position. All applicants MUST be able to work at least 18 hours/workweek (3 days) between the hours of 10-5 on weekdays (schedule TBD), to a max of 20 hours (schedule TBD).
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Please specify "Editorial Intern" when applying. By e-mail (NO ATTACHMENTS!!!) to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS!!!